Monday, June 18, 2012

Magic Stickers

Ok. So I love stickers. I probably have always loved stickers although I don't really remember playing with them so much when I was younger. I think the sticker market has improved tremendously since I was a child. I mean...just look at these!

I discovered the REAL magic of stickers when I went back to school at 36 to get my Master's Degree at the Monterey Institute of International Studies. In a course about teaching writing, our professor always returned our work with stickers. I can tell you, both men and women, no matter what their age, were equally excited about these stickers. Something like this....





For some reason, as the years went on, I forgot about the magic of stickers. But I recently discovered it again and boy, I can tell you....they really ARE magic. A teacher friend of mine started using them in her high school class and I know she'd be happy to give a testimonial about their magic - girls and boys alike are crazy about the new routine, even at that 'cool-sensitive' age!

So you might be wondering what any of this has to do with anything. Well, it has a lot to do with everything actually. Stickers are fun. They are playful, light - sometimes they are shiny, sometimes they are encouraging like your own personal cheerleader. They can be great motivators and sometimes I invite my clients to bring some playfulness in with their favorite stickers. You can find all different kinds to match your mood, to match your personal preferences. I really like flower stickers.

Here is some of my collection:

When you put stickers in a book or put them in your journal or stick them in an unexpected place, I'd be really surprised if you didn't smile when you catch a glimpse. AND people get really excited when you share stickers. When you need to lighten up someone's day (including your own), when you want to bring some child-like play energy to your day, when you want to feel some fun encouragement....please, go ahead and break out the stickers. You'll be glad you did, I'm sure of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment